The Application Performance Management Market is expected to register a CAGR of 12% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. The market is shifting from on-premise deployment in large organizations to on-cloud, due to the changing application usage, increasing awareness among smaller enterprises, and the demand for cost-effective systems.
- The monetary transaction applications in the BFSI industry have been incorporating APM (application performance management) systems at a robust pace due to the need for real-time processing and reducing mid-transaction failure chances.
- APM helps in Applications discovery and dependency mapping (ADDM) that discovers and categorize all applications and servers, alerting and automizing threat actions, it provides a custom dashboard and eases reporting. Also, application management software tools come for less price for deployment and have significant opportunities for scalability.
- Many organization is rapidly adopting predictive maintenance and cloud computing owing to a rise in demand for APM. For instance, in March 2020, AppDynamics, with its expertise, played a pivotal role in complex market for hybrid and multi-cloud, helping Cisco its parent to monitor performance at the application level with adapting to digital business needs by providing common tools across the technology stack.
- With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, the application performance management market is expected to gain significant share due to increased demand, both inpatient needs and IT connectivity, or even network bandwidth. For many businesses, applications and services are the only potentials for revenue right now, with the shut down of stores and events. Thus, application performance management solutions play a pivotal role in this pandemic hours.
Key Market Trends
Adoption in Large Enterprises to Drive Market Growth
- The direct software solutions are appealing to large organizations, which have the capabilities of hosting these systems on their own, on a large scale. Enhanced security and control over data drive this demand. Further, APM systems that are directly sold as software solutions can be tailored specifically to client needs, with close integration of the application that has to be managed. This not only allows analytics improvement and management but also provides higher capabilities due to complete access to parameters.
- In addition, the improving capabilities of hybrid clouds are facilitating the incorporation of APM systems into large enterprises, thus resulting in the on-premise deployment of software solutions, with extension to public clouds. The software solutions in APM systems are quickly shifting toward unified models, which have the capability of simultaneous analysis of performance, business, and user experience.
- This shift of trend is driven by the close relationship and inter-dependence between the separate segments. For instance, the performance of applications affects user experience, while the business analysis might help to determine peak times or exit points. The holistic approach toward application performance management systems has increased the functionalities manifold and thus provided a major boost to the market studied.
Europe to Hold Significant Market Share
- APM Service providers in the Central Europe region are actively participating in mergers & acquisition, in order to contribute to market growth.
- For instance, Sentia, the Netherlands-based Azure Expert MSP, has acquired Dutch-Danish MSP Ymor, intending to become the market leader in the European Managed Services for complex and business-critical cloud applications. Ymor, on the other hand, is regarded as an application performance specialist, actively engaged in partnerships with ExtraHop, AppDynamics, and Dynatrace, among others.
- Raiffeisen Switzerland is in the process of building a digital workplace environment that leads to improved customer advisory services and increased efficiencies. It is the third-largest bank in Switzerland, has 1.9 million cooperative members, 880 locations, and 3.8 million clients throughout Switzerland.
- Further, APM vendors in the Europe region have started to express interest in their solutions being considered as an AIOps tool. IT operations and other organizations are already loaded with data, and this situation is likely to become more challenging with the growth of microservices, cloud, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
The Application Performance Management market is moderately competitive. Major players include New Relic Inc., Dynatrace LLC, IBM Corp., among others. Few recent developments are:
- April 2020 - Ensono released a new APM offering that provides clients in-depth analysis of the application performance by reducing downtime and increase stability. Its real-time visibility into performance enables the removal of application bottlenecks, elimination of inefficiencies, and delivery of the world-class end-user experience.
- November 2019 - SIG, with collaboration with GE Digital, delivered the first integrated APM and FSM digital solution for the food and beverage industries.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing need for End-user satisfaction for successful Digital Business Operations
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Lack of End user Awareness and Variability in the Quantification of Similar Factors Provided by Different Providers
5.3 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Industry
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment
6.2 By Enterprise Size
6.2.1 Small and Medium Enterprises
6.2.2 Large Enterprises
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Vendor Market Share Analysis
7.2 Company Profiles
7.2.1 AppDynamics LLC (Cisco Systems Inc.)
7.2.2 New Relic Inc.
7.2.3 Dynatrace LLC
7.2.4 IBM Corp.
7.2.5 Broadcom Inc.
7.2.6 Microsoft Corporation
7.2.7 Mic Focus International PLC
7.2.8 Datadog Inc.
7.2.9 SignalFX (part of Splunk Inc.)
7.2.10 Akamai Technologies Inc.
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.