The medical power supply market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period. Certain factors that are driving the growth of the market are technological advancements in healthcare equipment, a rise in the number of healthcare facilities, increasing incidences of chronic diseases, and growing demand for portable and home-based devices.
- Healthcare facilities are thriving across the world, owing to technological innovations in the healthcare sector and a growing geriatric population. Healthcare technologies are evolving in all possible aspects, ranging from patient registration to data monitoring, and from lab tests to self-care devices.
- Furthermore, the geriatric population is growing at a rapid pace, globally. Currently, about two-thirds of the world’s geriatric population lives in developing countries. This has prompted the need for an increase in healthcare setups all over the world.
- Moreover, governments are taking initiatives to set up new and advanced healthcare facilities in developing countries to cater to the requirements of the growing population. The rise in the number of healthcare facilities may increase the demand for medical power supply, which is expected to drive the medical power supply market. Additionally, technological advancements in healthcare equipment, increasing incidences of chronic diseases, and the rising demand for portable and home-based devices, are driving the growth of the medical power supply market.
- A pandemic like COVID-19 may only fuel the manufacturing of advanced medical devices and equipments to tackle such crisis in future. The increased production of healthcare devices may drive the medical power supply market. For instance, GE Healthcare recently announced to increase its manufacturing capacity for medical equipment, including CTs, ultrasound devices, mobile X-ray systems, patient monitors, and ventilators, to cater to the ongoing global challenge of the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- However, high cost of medical supply devices and strict government regulations and guidelines are restraining the market’s growth.
Key Market Trends
Diagnostic and Monitoring Equipment is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share in Application Type
- The increase in the number of government initiatives for the diagnosis of infectious disease, along with the rising need for fast detection of diseases, is contributing to the growing demand for the diagnostic and monitoring equipment across the world. Governments are proactively investing in many of the research studies, including those for the diagnosis of infectious diseases.
- Technology holds a central role in expanding the market for diagnostic and monitoring devices. The increase in the aging population and the transformation of acute illnesses, such as heart failure, into chronic diseases indicate that the number of patients is also increasing. All the aforementioned factors are expected to contribute to the huge market share of the segment.
North America Dominates the Market and May Continue to do the Same during the Forecast Period
- North America is the largest market for medical power supply, globally. The high growth registered by North America is attributed to the strong base of healthcare facilities, especially hospitals and diagnostic imaging centers, in the region.
- In terms of growth, Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing region. The factors, such as a huge population base, rising incidence of chronic disease, and rising healthcare facilities, are expected to drive the growth of the medical power supply market in the Asia-Pacific region. The above-mentioned growth is likely to be driven by the improvement in the standard of living and greater access to medical treatment. Plus, the more prominent supply manufacturers are opening their manufacturing facilities in the Asian subcontinent, especially in China. This is fueling the growth of the medical power supply market in the region.
The medical power supply market, which is highly competitive, consists of a number of major players. Companies, such as Delta Electronics Group, Emerson Network, Excelsys Technology, Globtek Inc., Mean Well Enterprises Co. Ltd, Powerbox International AB, SL Industries Inc., Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, TDK-Lambda Corporation, and XP Power Inc., hold substantial market shares in the medical power supply market.
- April 2020 - XP Power released its new UCH600 series of convection cooled, 600W AC-DC power supplies. The ultra-compact power supplies do not require additional cooling and deliver full load power under a wide range of conditions. This series can be used in medical devices, as well as for industrial electronics applications.
- March 2020 - Delta Electronics launched MEA-065A, a new 65W output to MEA Series of Medical AC-DC desktop type adapter, which offers four single output voltages of 12V, 15V, 19V, and 24V in an extremely compact size, i.e., 50 x 115 x 29 mm, and finds its application in various types of portable equipment, such as home healthcare equipment, and test and measurement equipment. Key features include 0.1mA low earth leakage and electric shock protection complying with 2 x MOPP.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Technological Advancements in Healthcare Equipment
4.3.2 Increasing Demand for Portable Home Care Devices
4.4 Market Restraints
4.5 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 AC to DC Power Supply
5.1.2 DC to DC Power Supply
5.2.1 Open Frame Power Supply
5.2.2 Enclosed Power Supply
5.2.3 Adapter Power Supply
5.3.1 Diagnostic and Monitoring Equipment
5.3.2 Surgical Equipment
5.3.3 Home Medical Equipment
5.3.4 Dental Equipment
5.3.5 Other Applications
5.4.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Delta Electronics Group
6.1.2 Emerson Network
6.1.3 Excelsys Technology
6.1.4 Globtek Inc.
6.1.5 Mean Well Enterprises Co. Ltd
6.1.6 Powerbox International AB
6.1.7 SL Industries Inc.
6.1.8 Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation
6.1.9 TDK-Lambda Corporation
6.1.10 XP Power
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.