The market for Silica Sand is anticipated to register a CAGR of more than 7% during the forecast period. As a commodity, silica sand is used as a primary ingredient in numerous industries, namely construction, glass, foundry, oil & gas and fillers & extenders. Its properties, such as resistance to high-temperatures, purity, grain size, inertness, and hardness make it a vital ingredient for numerous industrial sectors.
- The market in glass manufacturing application segment is expected to benefit heavily from the increasing demand for flat glass and fiber glass from the rapidly growing automotive and construction sectors in the emerging economies in Asia, especially India and China. This is expected to drive the market in the forecast period.
- Illegal Mining of Sand and development of sand-free construction products are likely to hinder the marketŐs growth.
- The growing hydraulic fracking activities (due to rising shale gas and shale oil exploration activities are projected to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Glass Industry
- The glass manufacturing industry was one of the largest end-user industries of the global silica sand market.
- Silica sand is an inevitable part of the glass manufacturing industry and accounts for more than 50% of the entire raw materials being used in glass manufacturing. The material finds usage in an array of glass materials being produced, including containers, flat and specialty glass, and fiberglass.
- The container sub-segment accounted for the largest consumption in the glass manufacturing application segment and was followed by the flat glass and the fiber glass sub-segments.
- The market in this application segment is expected to benefit heavily from the increasing demand for flat glass and fiber glass from the rapidly growing automotive and construction sectors in the emerging economies in Asia, especially India and China.
- Moreover, the use of specialty glass in the reputable electronics sector in developed countries, like South Korea and Japan, is expected to further aid the growth of the glass manufacturing industry, which in turn, may increase the demand for silica sand in the region.
- All the aforementioned factors, is expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
India to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Market Growth
- The Indian Ministry of Mines has classified sand as a minor mineral along with marble, clay, and others. The minor minerals accounts for about 12% of the total mining industry in India.
- Silica sand in India is used for various applications, such as glass formation in foundries, chemical production, construction, paints, etc.
- India is one of the major countries in the global construction market, both in terms of revenue and market growth potential. India represents the tenth-largest economy in the world and the third largest, in terms of purchasing power parity.
- This has led to an increase in the demand for commercial buildings, shopping malls, arenas, high-rise buildings, and hotels, in turn, boosting the demand for silica sand in India.
- IndiaŐs silica sand market is expected to increase at a healthy growth rate, because of the growing construction and foundry industry.
The silica sand market is partially consolidated. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. Key players in the silica sand market include Chongqing Changjiang River Moulding Material (Group) Co. Ltd, Covia Holdings Corporation, Sibelco, U.S. SILICA, Mitsubishi Corporation, and TOCHU CORPORATION. among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Consistent Economic Growth Leading to Increase in Construction
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from the Foundry Industry
4.1.3 Growing Demand from the Glass Industry
4.2.1 Illegal Mining of Sand
4.2.2 Development of Sand-free Construction Products
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End-user Industry
5.1.1 Glass Manufacturing
5.1.3 Chemical Production
5.1.5 Paints & Coatings
5.1.6 Ceramics & Refractories
5.1.8 Oil & Gas
5.1.9 Other End-user Industries
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.2.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Chongqing Changjiang River Moulding Material (Group) Co. Ltd
6.4.2 Covia Holdings Corporation
6.4.3 Mitsubishi Corporation
6.4.4 PUM Group
6.4.5 Tochu Corporation
6.4.6 JFE Mineral Co. Ltd
6.4.8 U.S. Silica
6.4.9 Xinyi Golden Ruite Quartz Materials Co. Ltd
6.4.10 Badger Mining Corporation
6.4.11 Emerge Energy Services
6.4.12 Pioneer Natural Resources Company
6.4.13 Euroquarz GmbH
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Shale Gas Production Activities
7.2 Other Opportunities
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.