The market for water treatment chemicals is expected to register a CAGR of over 5%, during the forecast period. One of the key driving factors of the market is the rising ground and surface water pollution. However, the dearth of awareness regarding chemical water treatment technologies is likely to restrain the market, during the forecast period.
- Surging demand from power and industrial applications is also expected to boost the market growth, during forecast period.
- Shifting focus toward green chemicals is likely to provide opportunities for the market growth, in the future.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market, during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Power Industry to Dominate the Market
- The power industry accounted for the major share of the market globally.
- Most electric power generation plants require water for their day-to-day operations. Typically, nuclear and fossil fuel power plants consume nearly 190 billion gallons of water per day. Similarly, geothermal power plants need 2 billion or so gallons a day, for operations. Hydropower plants also use water directly to generate power.
- The electric power generation industry is one of the major sources of industrial wastewater. Their wastewater contains significant levels of toxic metal impurities, such as lead, mercury, arsenic, chromium, and cadmium, among others.
- These impurities can cause significant damage to the environment, if not treated properly. Therefore, the electric power generation industry needs water treatment chemicals.
- With the ever-increasing requirement for power across the world, the demand for water treatment chemicals is likely to increase in the future.
- Hence, the power industry is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the water treatment chemicals market, owing to the high demand from countries, like China and Japan.
- The rapid economic growth and urbanization in China are likely to drive the growth of several industries, like municipal, chemical, food and beverages, oil and gas, power generation, which, in turn, is likely to boost the demand for water treatment chemicals.
- Moreover, most of ChinaŐs population relies on groundwater sources for drinking water, which are either untreated or not properly treated by municipal water suppliers. Therefore, the need for water treatment chemicals increases.
- In India, there has been an increase in chemical manufacturing plants. Additionally, the power generation sector in India is constantly evolving.
- Hence, Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
The market for water treatment chemicals is partly consolidated, as the market share is divided among few companies. Some of the major players of the market include Ecolab, Kemira, Solenis, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., and Kurita Water Industries Ltd, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Ground and Surface Water Pollution
4.1.2 Stringent Regulations to Control Produced and Wastewater Disposal
4.1.3 Rising Demand from Power and Industrial Applications
4.1.4 Increasing Demand from Municipal and Manufacturing Sectors
4.2.1 Dearth of Awareness Regarding Chemical Water Treatment Technologies
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.3 Biocide and Disinfectant
5.1.4 Defoamer and Defoaming Agent
5.1.5 pH Adjuster and Softener
5.1.6 Scale and Corrosion Inhibitor
5.1.7 Other Product Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Power Generation
5.2.2 Oil and Gas
5.2.3 Chemical Manufacturing
5.2.4 Mining and Mineral Processing
5.2.6 Food and Beverage
5.2.7 Pulp and Paper
5.2.8 Other End-user Industries
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of the Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BASF SE
6.4.5 AkzoNobel NV
6.4.8 DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
6.4.10 Kurita Water Industries Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.